There are many opportunities this Thanksgiving to smile as you greet family and friends around your dinner table. However, if your oral health is unappealing then it’s easy to try and keep yourself from smiling as much as you should. That is why our team is here to give you five ways to keep your smile healthy and white so you can smile all you want to this Thanksgiving holiday.
1. Brush twice a day for two minutes a day: Did you know that brushing two minutes, twice a day, will keep your smile, cleaner, whiter, fresher, and bacteria out of your mouth? Many people do not brush long enough resulting in more cavities and painful dental problems.
2. Floss daily: By removing food-particles from your smile, you can reduce the risk of toothaches and gum disease. Flossing also removes plaque from between your teeth.
3. Eat a healthy diet: Eating well-balanced food can help strengthen your teeth and keep your body healthy, as well as your smile healthy.
4. Chew sugarless gum: Instead of sugary snacks, chewing sugarless gum after a meal can help your saliva flush out bacteria and prevent tooth decay.
5. Visit your dentist regularly: By visiting your dentist every six months, you can keep a smile healthy for life.
As you can see, these are simple steps you can take to ensure your oral health. If you have questions about your oral health, please contact your dentist. Your dentist can assist you with any questions or concerns you have pertaining to your oral care. So, call us today and schedule an appointment. Let us help keep your smile healthy all season long.