Smile Again With Dental Implants
Are you uncomfortable with the appearance of your smile? Do you find different ways to avoid social gatherings or being photographed? Everyone deserves a smile they feel good about. If you have missing teeth, it’s important to replace them. The most common causes of tooth loss are gum disease, tooth decay, or trauma.
Having one or more missing teeth can set off problems such as bite changes and bone loss. Also, your remaining teeth can shift and become more susceptible to tooth decay or gum disease. The benefits of dental implants go way beyond your smile. At Star Dental, we can help you smile again with dental implants.
What Is a Dental Implant?
A dental implant is a post made of titanium. It’s surgically placed into your jaw bone. An abutment attaches to the implant to connect the implant to the crown.
Dental Implant Benefits
- Chew your food properly to improve your digestive health
- Prevents bone loss by stimulating the bone in your jaw
- Stops your remaining teeth from moving out of place
- Doesn’t damage adjacent teeth
- Improves your oral health
- Looks like your natural teeth
- Helps to maintain your facial structure and appearance
- Can last a lifetime with proper care
Caring for Your Implants
Commit to practicing good oral hygiene by brushing your teeth twice daily and flossing at least once daily. Also, schedule regular dental exams and cleanings.
Are you a candidate for dental implants? If you have good oral hygiene, adequate jaw bone, and healthy gum tissues, you are a good candidate for dental implant placement.
You may need further evaluation if any of the following apply to you.
- Heavy smoker
- Immune deficiencies or uncontrolled diabetes
- Using immunosuppressant drugs
- Received high-dosage radiation of the neck or head
Dental implants are the closest replacement option to your natural teeth. Implants function as an artificial tooth root. They support your smile and your oral health. Also, when you’re happy about the way your teeth look, you have more self-confidence. Are you ready to restore the beauty and health of your smile? If you live in Roseville, California, or the surrounding areas, contact us to schedule an appointment.