A radiant and beautiful smile requires crafting proper oral hygiene habits and visiting the dentist regularly for professional dental cleanings to keep teeth looking white. We encourage our patients to keep their smiles looking great through daily brushing and flossing and dental checkups.
Still, perhaps the number one treatment requested by patients is smile whitening. There are many factors that can darken a smile, and we want you to be aware of the main things that make teeth look dull:
– Food and drinks that contain berries, tea, coffee, red wine, and some candies, as these attach to the tooth enamel and cause stains
– Tobacco use due to the tar and nicotine
– Medications that affect tooth enamel, such as antihistamines, antibiotics, antipsychotics, and high blood pressure medications
– Age, which thins out tooth enamel and allows the yellower dentin layer to become visible
– Tooth trauma that causes the tooth to create more dentin to treat the injury, subsequently darkening the tooth color
Our experienced dental team at Star Dental can provide many teeth whitening options, such as applying a safe whitening gel to the surface of your teeth to remove stains and help the teeth look whiter. If you desire, we would be pleased to offer at-home teeth whitening.
To learn more about what dulls teeth and how to whiten your smile in Roseville, California, please give our office a call at 916.773.6222 today and